Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Few Guns Wanted

Default A Few Guns Wanted

There is at least one more gun I want, actually one I've wanted for some time. I have to wait till I get 3-4K to purchase it. I'm talking about a mint Python-the Cadillac of the Colt line. One day! Also I do aim to replace a FN 5.7 I sold along w/ a much cheaper pistol to get up the $ for a DKW Sandshark. As you all know, they don't pop up every day. Hated to sell the 5.7 but it was replaceable. A gun worth a grand but replaceable. A few more I need to replace: an Iwo Jima & D-Day Commemorative Garands & some lesser expensive guns. I sold the commemorative Garands to buy CMP ones. A far better investment. Civilian Marksmanship Program, for those of you unfamiliar. One of the best things going. I bought the commemoratives several yrs. ago before finding out that commemorative guns rarely go up in value, if at all. But they were nice & I miss them so, feeling seller's remorse, I want to replace them. But aside from those, that's about it for me as far as future gun aquisitions go, I THINK? But you know how that goes! Same w/ knives.

2. Default

I'd say you made a very smart move on the Sandshark. I'm less interested in pistols these days and more so interested in riffles. I think you get more for your money with riffles too.

Aaron

Nice taste in firearms! I like the older Smith and Wessons too.
    I once worked with a guy you wouldn't figure for a gun nut, who have many Winchester Comm. rifles. Its been years since I have seen him and wonder if he still has his rifles.

Finding that Python will set you back some coin, but its a great piece!

Take Care,

Jay
    and the road goes on forever.....

Love the Python. That is an excellent and rare choice. The FiveSeven on the other hand, not so much. The ammo is ballistically the same as a .22 magnum. While it is lethal, the civilian rounds available for it make it handicaped compared to the Law Enforcement rounds that are restricted. I have owned a FiveSeven, a PS90, as well as an AR-57 upper for an AR-15, and while all shot well, the ammo is way overpriced and the performance is very under par compared to even a 9mm bonded HP.

You made some good choices on getting the very rare guns now while you could. That is always a good move.

Funny I just ended up in an old Python thread on JD...I spent all my gun $ on knives tho!

Quote Originally Posted by corjzg View Post
    ...I spent all my gun $ on knives tho!
    Me two! and I sold 2 Pythons years ago..I would love to have them back..along with the 6 Colt SAA's I sold
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

7. Default

I never had a Python - they are great revolvers. I'll have to make do with my Diamondbacks (kind of a D frame mini version of a Python).

Back when I first got out of school I thought it was necessary to order a new S&W on every payday.

Default Saa

I bought a late 2nd. Generation Colt SAA, .45 cal., 7 1/2"
    barrel, unturned, as new, in Stagecoach box, case colors, for $2500.00. Needless to say, it's a safe queen. Like w/ 9mm WW2 era Lugers & the aforementioned Pythons, you can't really go wrong. Good investments, beautiful pieces & a lot of history. US Firearms also makes very nice SAA's & they're a little less than new 3rd. Generation Colts. Not much though. Neither are cheap. You get what you pay for & like Daltons, quality ain't cheap.

Ive been waiting since last oct to clear for an mp5sd. Stamp finally came in and now I'm in the hands of the batfe. I've been after one of these peices for over 20 years!! 2-3 more weeks and it should be in my grubby hands! Aside from that, one can never have enough 1911s.

10. Default

Congratulations on the new transfer. Those are really fun to shoot and you wont need to buy or reload heavy subsonic rounds to get it to hushpuppy. As many dont know, HK developed the SD design so you would not need special ammo.

They achieved this slowing the bullet down " within sub sonic speed " by employing a barrel that was specially ported to vent off the gas energy thrushing the bullet out. Most people think its the suppressor which does all the magic, which is only partly true. Thats why MP5SD are the quietest and coolest.

Well unless it is going to be a safe queen and never shot, you are going to need to do some special maintenance on that SD. Hit me up with a PM I can help.

Aaron