Thread: Rifles

Default Rifles

The shotgun thread did pretty good. What do you guys do for rifles:

Marlin 60 (x4), fun to shoot and the grandkids love 'em.
    Marlin Glenfield, carbine style model 60, a good friend gave it to me.
    Henry Lever Action .22, loads of fun to shoot. Real accurate with a cheap scope.
    AK 47 (x2), these are my WTSHTF guns.
    SKS (x2), more WTSHTF guns.
    Marlin 30-30, doesn't everyone have one of these?
    Ruger 10/22, I like the Marlin 22s better.
    Sako 30.06, beautiful gun, drop a deer in its tracks.
    Springfield Armory M1A (.308), Fine shooting gun with no particular need.
    Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm, Carbine semiauto. Accurate to 100 yards.

And I don't remember whats in the other safe....

We have a 100yard range set up in the backyard so the 22s see plenty of action as do the pistols. The only time the sheriffs checked up on our shooting was when we had 3 AKs going at the same time. We offered to let him shoot some. He just laughed and left us alone. There are some advantages to living rural!

The most important thing to remember about firearms is that they are useless without ammunition. Ed B

Nice collection. I have focused on military rifles that I can shoot at Camp Perry and other similar venues. My favorite is the M1A and my Garands. Going to try the M1 Carbine match this year too.
    I do enjoy my AK and AR though. I enjoy shooting the Ruger 10/22 and S&W MP 22 with my son. I have had fun with my FN PS90 too.

Default Rifles

Very eclectic collection: Boucoup long guns & handguns. Not sure of how many. 2 safes worth. "If you know how many guns you have, you don't have enough." Everything from .22's all the way up to a Serbu .50 cal. Lots of safe queens: 3 very nice Garands, several SKS, a mint repro Luger made in the '70's by Interarms, P-38's, For .22's: a 10-22 as well
    as a few survival models, AR-7's (old, mint Armalites not the new Henry's although I have one of those to shoot, a Marlin Papoose & a couple of Springfield Armory Scouts if any of you are familiar w/ them. Very cool gun 1st. developed for Air Force Pilots in the early 60's, .22/.410 in one rifle. Oh yeah, SAA's, several .45's (even have an old Govt. Model w/ ivory grips. Ruger GP-100. A John Wayne Winchester, Winchester 94's. Swiss stuff. A Jap Nambu. Glock17. More that I can't recall. WASR-10's. Saigas, not just the shotgun. Get the idea? I love my guns just like my knives. Guns came first.

Default Rural Backyard Range

Eddiebob: I'm jealous of your set up. I would be in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Charleslee View Post
    Very eclectic collection: Boucoup long guns & handguns. Not sure of how many. 2 safes worth. "If you know how many guns you have, you don't have enough." Everything from .22's all the way up to a Serbu .50 cal. Lots of safe queens: 3 very nice Garands, several SKS, a mint repro Luger made in the '70's by Interarms, P-38's, For .22's: a 10-22 as well
    as a few survival models, AR-7's (old, mint Armalites not the new Henry's although I have one of those to shoot, a Marlin Papoose & a couple of Springfield Armory Scouts if any of you are familiar w/ them. Very cool gun 1st. developed for Air Force Pilots in the early 60's, .22/.410 in one rifle. Oh yeah, SAA's, several .45's (even have an old Govt. Model w/ ivory grips. Ruger GP-100. A John Wayne Winchester, Winchester 94's. Swiss stuff. A Jap Nambu. Glock17. More that I can't recall. WASR-10's. Saigas, not just the shotgun. Get the idea? I love my guns just like my knives. Guns came first.

Would you like an old Winchester catalog with the Duke on the cover? It was the year that comm. rifle came out. Got a bunch of old catalogs but nobody seems to want them. Oh bye the way, I'd just give it to ya!

Jay
    and the road goes on forever.....

6. Default

Jay, have any old Colt black rifle or Armalite catalogs circa 87 on back?

Aaron

7. Default

I've got my eye on a factory Savage .17HRM accutriger with the threaded bull barrel.
    I would prefer a fancy laminated wood thumbhole stock but it only comes with a composite.
    The 4 round capacity kind of sucks though.

Are there other good alternatives out there? I could get it threaded if need be.

I like the idea that 17 HMR is going for about 12.00 a box of 50.

Aaron

Default Old Win. Magazine

Hell yes I'll take it. PM me your address & I'll send you a SASE. Thanks buddy!