Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotguns

Default Saiga

Eddiebob: I have a Saiga also. Great gun. Would like to get another before they're banned. The ATF&E wants to ban imported shotguns w/ certain features such as the Saiga. Check out the 20 rd. drum mag by MD Arms. ProMag makes one also but MD Arms gets a little better review.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
    Ed - I don't really plan on picking up any more scatterguns, as I don't shoot them enough to justify another. The 11-87 does most everything I need to do. Of course, never can tell what might follow me home from a gun show. ;-)

Jay - Parkers are great shotguns. You are aware that it is unsafe to shoot smokeless loads in Damascus Barrels, aren't you?

Woodstock - I have never looked for Winlite barrels, but I'd bet they are not easy to find. Unfortunately you can't thread the barrel for an internal choke or add an external choke ( ie: Polychoke or Cutts Compensator) since the Winlite barrel is a thin steel tube wrapped in fiberglass.

Markk, I wouldn't shoot that old Parker...its just too old and yes its from a differant era thats for sure. Love the way the screwholes all align themshelves with the barrels and the quality of the engraving.
    and the road goes on forever.....

Default Kel-Tec

Quote Originally Posted by Charleslee View Post
    Eddiebob: I have a Saiga also. Great gun. Would like to get another before they're banned. The ATF&E wants to ban imported shotguns w/ certain features such as the Saiga. Check out the 20 rd. drum mag by MD Arms. ProMag makes one also but MD Arms gets a little better review.
    Yeah, I think the problem is gonna be availability of ammunition not firearms. Have you looked at the Kel-Tec KSG? Bad-ass! Ed B

4. Default

I'm looking for a cheap 20 guage single break barrel I can legal length saw the choke off with for a full bore - or one with riffling. Price point around 125.-150 used riffled OK . So far I see H&R Pardner. I heard the Rossi was a little junky. This is for a project gun.

Normally I shoot my 870 magnum express, I've winged thousands of rounds though it to the point the internal receiver fittings and spings are serated razor edged polished. Cut the hell out of my finger last time I stuck it in there.

A rare oppertunity - I not to long ago got to test shoot a 15 thousand dollar true custom custom fitted combo trap and field and it was unlike anything I've ever shot before. We both must have needed the same exact fitting. I couldn't miss with it, seriously! And talk about no recoil, this guy shoots 300 rounds just to warm up before the 300 rounds of pre-trials before the 300 round competion starts. I can honestly say I fell in love with his gun as gay as that sounds. Never shot a custom reverse trigger before, that shotgun was like a fantasy. I would never pay that much for a shotgun but it was an experience running it on the range. Funny thing was his shooting partner had a 27 thousand dollar custom. That was a pretty cool day at the field.

Aaron
    Last edited by Twizzler; 07-19-2012 at 09:20 PM.

I mostly bowhunt and occasionally use my 10/22 for small game, but do have a pretty standard shotgun for the home: 20ga Remington 870 w/ 6 shot capacity, 18.5" barrel, and synth stock. It was pretty inexpensive but it'll do the job.

What's the going price for one of these? The local store has one but they are asking $1000. Seems high to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charleslee View Post

Default Saiga 12

Woodstock, $1000 does seem a little high. I paid $780 plus tax for my Saiga 12. As far as the 20 round drums and clips for these shotguns go, a person needs to be real careful not to get outside the letter of the law (and I won't say anything else about that deal). Ed B

Heard the same thing as far as country of origin in regards to the magazines. In my neck of the woods, 30 rounds is the max also. The saga I'm looking at has a decent trigger pull but the finish of the receiver is not that great. Did you put a flash suppressor or choke on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Heard the same thing as far as country of origin in regards to the magazines. In my neck of the woods, 30 rounds is the max also. The saga I'm looking at has a decent trigger pull but the finish of the receiver is not that great. Did you put a flash suppressor or choke on yours?
    My Saiga has a 19" threaded barrel with 1 choke and adjustable sights. I do not have a suppressor on it right now. Here is a pretty good web site for the Saiga guns:
    http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/s...c-366_372.html
    Lots of accessories and weapons as well. The finish is kind of rough but, it is rough on every AK type gun I have ever seen. The neat thing about them is that they are made at the original AK factory in Russia, Izhmash.

Default Saiga Price

Woodstock: That's price gouging ($1000.00), plain & simple. You can find one cheaper. Don't give that guy your hard earned $. I'm at work but when I get a chance, I'll search around for you.