Thread: Whats a Dalton?

Manistee Mi. 55 miles S of Traverse City MI

Default Whats a Dalton?

Just kidding guys and gals. I used to have a very large collection of OXE FL Black knives and the many variants. As you would imagine the early black knives were sterile for the most part. This led to a lot of confusion as to what made a OXE/miller or a DALTON. Many were made around the same times, at first glance the looked quite a bit a like. People were getting afraid to buy as the clones were sneaking in even in the 97 era.So I just started buying these black knives when cheap to see what was out there, I was finding mostly OXE/Miller but that was my interest. But there were quite a few Dalton's, Paragon's. Well here is a little bit of the story, then Mark and I got together, somehow, but probably on knifeforums or some such forum. Now I am going to be going on my not so good memory. Mark K was doing some very good work on the forum. He was not shitting around he was serious about getting the best compiling of DALTON knives anywhere. And to my knowledge he did that and then some.By this time I had sold most of my collection, but I was able to take a couple of bad pictures illustrating the difference of the button cut outs on the various makers. I am sure the info is somewhere as it was to good not to have saved it. But anywhere here is a little history of me and my passing involvement in DALTON knives. I really did have some very good unmarked DALTONS especially in the early SEALS. If anyone wants to talk I am always in the mood although sometimes that pesky think called work gets in the way.So anyone wants to talk just get a hold of me, not sure what the protocol is but I will learn it soon. I need to learn how to put a INTERROIGATOR up for sale. as It is getting late maybe tomorrow.
    hope to meet some of you guys, I am sure I have already met a few.
    Dennis aka nifman

Getting late? It's only 2am here. Here is the link for identifying a Dalton Seal http://www.daltonforums.com/showthre...=1132#post1132 Not to difficult to post a for sale thread in the members for sale area. Are you still collecting knives? toILK

Manistee Mi. 55 miles S of Traverse City MI

Default still collecting

Yes I do but I have to collect things I have buyers for now. thinks are tight in NW lower Mi. Probably my biggest collection is Marbles knives and axes, but almost everything I have is for sale. The autos are tricky in MI They are in no way legal for most people to own anywhere. I do have a retail license That could keep me out of trouble, but if autos come my way if I do not a buyer with cash in hand the end up on the Internet. I will put up the knuckle knife in the next few days. I need to figure out the procedure. What are your vices? By the way, that is the thread, and I got a lot of emails from it. Even bought some nice knives. That seems to be the srory of my life. PUT A GOOD COLLECTION TOGETHER START SELLING IT Then the knives you could not find for the collection pop out of the woodwork. Dennis aka nifman
    off to bed.
    Last edited by nifman; 03-19-2009 at 02:55 AM.

hey dennis, long time no hear. good to see you are still around, and welcome..

to
    Ash

I have one of the sterile FL Black Knives. Bought it from Reese Weiland last year. Great snap for a knife that has likely been stored closed all these years.

RW was the part of that Ox/Miller thing but wanted to keep his name from being associated with a production knife. I got it for a steal and I love having a piece of history like that in my collection.

Reese Weiland fanboy
    http://www.myspace.com/kathur420 http://www.youtube.com/FTWCM
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S. Thompson

Nifman, welcome back, good to hear from you.

I have the Black Knife / Dalton Seal pics somewhere. See if I can locate and post...Al

8. Default

to
    "Esprit de Corps"
    Victory at all cost, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is not survival."
    -Winston Churchill

Smile

WELCOME...and yes I'm screaming!!!:-)

Dick G.

PS: I'm a Dalton Holic Sick And Twisted All Around