Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member Introduction

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pete1958 View Post
    Welcome Steve! I'm a lifetime NKCA member #L606 too! Still have the musuem knife set that came with membership from 1980????? Glad to have you. Dont hesitate to post any questions or comments. You are amoung friends on this forum.

Jay
    Thanks Jay!
    I just found my NKCA certificate, Life Member #L1883, my wife bent the ends to fit into a frame- I think I will reframe it. I need to find my 'Life Knife' that was issued upon joining in 1988- I think it was a salesman Damascus Bladed Case with different handles on each side. Did you join the American Blade Collectors back then?
    Last edited by MSGStStephen; 06-22-2012 at 09:45 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Honch0 View Post
    Not to Hijack this thread, but I will, since this seems to be the spot to ask this question.

I have a half dozen of those knives from I don't remember when until when I forgot. I have to dig them out and post some pics. Are they worth more than we paid? They were all made by top companies, Gerber Camilus, Seargent, Rooster, and Case. All quality lock backs. I believe the first one I have is a 1986...Al
    Hey Al,
    Those were the knives to get back then- at least I thought so!
    I think they would all be worth more than was paid- those are well-made, high quality knives.
    Looking forward to the pics- Steve
    Last edited by MSGStStephen; 06-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by singingdevil View Post
    Welcome and happy collecting Steve. Every knife I have acquired here has exceeded my expectations.
    Thanks for the Welcome singingdevil! Steve

Thumbs up

Welcome, Steve....Hope you enjoy your stay here! Cool guys on this forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honch0 View Post
    Not to Hijack this thread, but I will, since this seems to be the spot to ask this question.

I have a half dozen of those knives from I don't remember when until when I forgot. I have to dig them out and post some pics. Are they worth more than we paid? They were all made by top companies, Gerber Camilus, Seargent, Rooster, and Case. All quality lock backs. I believe the first one I have is a 1986...Al

Here you go Al. Hope you find what you are looking for. Sorry for screwing with the thread, but Steve might like this as well. Sure hope so anyway...LOL..

http://www.nkcaknife.org/page75.html

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by carltond View Post
    Here you go Al. Hope you find what you are looking for. Sorry for screwing with the thread, but Steve might like this as well. Sure hope so anyway...LOL..

http://www.nkcaknife.org/page75.html
    Thanks for the link and welcome carltond! Steve

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MSGStStephen View Post
    Thanks for the link and welcome carltond! Steve
    Thanks, Steve! Do enjoy your stay. Super great guys all around. Well.....Almost all are....Just kiddin'.....

Oh and I have been around for a little while. Just a bit over a couple of years on the Dalton forums though. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by MSGStStephen View Post
    Thanks Jay!
    I just found my NKCA certificate, Life Member #L1883, my wife bent the ends to fit into a frame- I think I will reframe it. I need to find my 'Life Knife' that was issued upon joining in 1988- I think it was a salesman Damascus Bladed Case with different handles on each side. Did you join the American Blade Collectors back then?

Yes I did and I still have a few pearl handled knives that where sold to life members. I think I have all my old NKCA knives! They arent worth as much as they probally should be but their popularity will spring back someday.

Email me anytime to talk about the old pocketknives

jay

jaybshockley@comcast.net
    and the road goes on forever.....

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by carltond View Post
    Thanks, Steve! Do enjoy your stay. Super great guys all around. Well.....Almost all are....Just kiddin'.....

Oh and I have been around for a little while. Just a bit over a couple of years on the Dalton forums though. Take care!
    Thanks carltond- I sure am enjoying it here- great bunch of fellow knife nuts!

Steve

10. Default

[QUOTE=pete1958;15914]Yes I did and I still have a few pearl handled knives that where sold to life members. I think I have all my old NKCA knives! They arent worth as much as they probally should be but their popularity will spring back someday.

Email me anytime to talk about the old pocketknives

jay

jaybshockley@comcast.net[/

Those pearl handled knives must be nice- I never got one of those, but I purchased a few Al Mar lock backs back then with black pearl and abalone handles that I really like.
    I think the value of the NKCA knives will shoot back up as collectors realize that they were such high quality brands manufactured in such limited numbers- just a matter of time.
    I am getting a great education on this site about the Dalton's- which is where my collection is evolving to- still love the old pocketknives though!
    I am always up for talking about the old pocketknives- will definitely talk to you soon Jay!

Thanks,
    Steve