Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a hardcore watch ???

1. Default need a hardcore watch ???

OK I've been down this road several times and never thought of trying anything else. However, I'm back open for suggestions.

My automatic watch has crapped out, its running really fast, it dead.

I need a proven suggestion.

I'm looking to keep it a 300m divers spec. with the supper thick mineral glass, those are the only ones that will have a weeks worth of chance of surviving me. Oh, and the movment has got to take heavy abuse like a jackhammer, seriously.

I know this is a tough one but I'll also consider an anolog divers stainless case.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    OK I've been down this road several times and never thought of trying anything else. However, I'm back open for suggestions.

My automatic watch has crapped out, its running really fast, it dead.

I need a proven suggestion.

I'm looking to keep it a 300m divers spec. with the supper thick mineral glass, those are the only ones that will have a weeks worth of chance of surviving me. Oh, and the movment has got to take heavy abuse like a jackhammer, seriously.

I know this is a tough one but I'll also consider an anolog divers stainless case.

Aaron

i am an avid watch collector... I've visited the watch houses of the top 10 swiss names... heres your issue... the rotter post is a particularly sensitive piece of the movement... there are heavy duty time pieces but they'll set you back a few k... dont laugh, but have you tried a g-shock? im aware of a 600+ ft model... they can take a huge load and theyre socially approved for adults.

heres a buddies house... check them out. low-mid cost, built like tanks, some can handle extreme pressure (50atm if im not mistaken).
    http://koboldwatch.com/

hope something here helped.

Yea, I have heard those G-Shocks were the real deal and you can't beat the price tag. I might even pick me one up next time I am out just to see. Can't go wrong I don't think. Not like you are spending a fortune on it to begin with!

You got the cash? Ball Watch, Extreme timepieces-Engineer Spacemaster would be a good choice. Withstands 7,500 g's...Al

http://www.ballwatch.com/index.php?o...ain&lang=en_US

I have an Omega Seamaster that I am quite pleased with, however the Spacemaster Glow has been calling to me for a while now...Al

Default Watch Suggestion

How about Luminox? If it's good enough for SEALS...

I dont know jack about watches and dont really care to, but I wear a Luminox and it takes my abuse. It says its good for 200 meters which again doesnt mean much to me accept that I dont have to worry about it getting soaked. I will say that they dont glow nearly as well as I was told they do, but I am a watch abuser and it can take a beating better than the average Joe watch that I was acustom to destroying (at least one a year).
    Someone recommended it to me as a watch that takes abuse and so far it has treated me well. Maybe it s junk and I have just been lucky, but I feel like this one might last?

7. Default

Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to take a look at those recomendations.

I'm hooked on the Seiko SKX007K2 its perfect and the 7S26 movement has really taken a jackhammering up until now. Its got the strong luminsecent big markers on a black face. Its about two years old now, the last one lasted three and a half I think before the hands completely stopped and the face moved of center to 5 o'clock. I guess thats not all that bad really as I wear it 24-7 and what its been tough but its time for something else to try.

I found those high end suggestions quite interesting and like those too but its not what I'm after, I already have a nice watch but I never wear it for fear of tearing it up. Dont get me wrong I've semi seriously considered an Oris TT1 divers in titanium and the stainless. I've also dreamed of a Blanspain Fifty Fathoms diver. It seems they have both changed them and I dont like the new offerings anymore.

What I need is an indestructable watch that is on the lower 300.00 or less line. 200meter all stainless and I want to go anolog this time. I hope to expect about 4-5 years on the battery and chuck it in the trash if it gets that far.

I've seen a watch called Reactor and there is a model called the Chain Reaction in stainless that might fit the bill. There is a considerable sale price on one WatchAddiction.com almost half off retail. Its just a little smaller case which I dont care for.
    Besides that I dont know a thing about Reactor watches. But their web site looks very promissing. Anyone have feedback on those??

Luminox and G-shock are my next options beyond that.

Question - I've heard Hamiltion makes a good watch and they were supose to be made in the US. Any recommenations their ?? or too fragile??

Thanks again, Aaron

Default Hamilton

I didn' realize Hamilton still made watches. Their old Rail Road watches still command a pretty good price. Can't help you with the good work watch. I wear a cheap digital Casio at work because of the magnetized drill pipe and keep the dress watches at home. Ed B

9. Default

I just found out Hamilton is now up in price and part swiss movement, I didn't find one there anyway.

Luminux is up there too but found one I liked. Also found a Buliva Diver that isn't too bad but smaller hands than I'd like and not sure about the glowfactor and mainly but worried about quality.

Any bad reports on Reactor ?

Aaron

If your looking for HardCore watch under 2k with a good company to back it Google watchmann out of Michigan.