Thread: Working Overseas

Default Working Overseas

Damn. I been kinda bummed about drilling these horizontal wells in North Louisiana. However, we just sent 2 guys to Columbia, 2 to Brazil, 1 to Argentina, and several to Africa somewhere. Not transfered just on loan for a couple of months. We do have 1 slot left open for Amsterdam and Western Europe. I told the boss I could handle that one. My regular client will be starting back up third quarter with 2 rigs. Hopefully Ill get the exploratory work and not the developmental. Anyway, I have 5 knives sitting at the house waiting on my return and will post pictures when I finally get finished here. Ed B

Thumbs up Amsterdam

Eddiebob: If you've never been to Amsterdam, go! Or Europe, period. Beautiful. I imagine you've been. I was stationed in Germany for 3 yrs. in the late '70's (Army MP) & patronized a gorgeous Indonesian prostitute in Amsterdam. She was one fine looking woman. I remember smoking hash out in the open in a friggin' cafe. A family seated at the adjacent table. Unbelievable! Well, not for the Dutch. I didn't know it was legal at first. Not that you'd partake in any such debauchery but I recommend the city. It is a really neat place, as is all of Europe. Oh, & if you get to Germany, you can get some really nice autos w/ good German (Solingen) steel. Good luck my friend. I'd love to go back some day.

Default Amsterdam

Amsterdam was a frequent stop when working out of Norway and the Middle East. Beautiful city. Just couldn't imagine passing through there without visiting the 'Red Light District'! The women weren't my cup of tea but, the coffee shops were. The difference between European and American values and mores is amazing. I would jump at the chance to go again. I keep hoping our work districts in Eastern Europe will need some help. Nothing better than seeing the world on their dollar! Ed B