Thread: A man without vices has no character

Default A man without vices has no character

Well that's what my old man always said, then again, he had a lion's share of vices and was a hell of a character!!!

Knives don't count, we all have that one. Here are mine, in no particular order, since I love them all:

1. Good Cigars
    2. Wild Turkey 101
    3. Red Wine
    4. Beer
    5. Fishing
    6. Blackjack

You might say fishing is a hobby, not a vice. My problem is, I like to fish anywhere from the Arctic Circle to South America. Once had an argument with my wife that went like this..."all you care about is fishing, cigars and beer", my response was, "what's for dinner", (I couldn't argue her point). Motorcycles need to be added back to the list, sold my BMW-R90S Cafe Racer years back and need to get a new cycle soon.

So, give it some thought and post away. If you do it to excess, it's a vice...Al

Well, a few of mine :

Buying Guns ( How many guns do you have? If you know you don't have enough)

Motorcycles...damn I wish I had all the $$ I spent on them

I too Like my Wild Turkey 101

Checking out the ladies..Dont know if it is a vice, but according to wife I do it in excess
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

Beer
    Bourbon
    My Neighborhood bar
    Gun Collecting

The first three have aged me a bit so I may have to find some new ones to distract me. I have been trying to exercise more with some promising results. I'd like to include bowhunting to the list but I've only been 5 times in the last two years. I will work on that. The gun collecting vice has been rewarding. Lots of time spent on the hunt. My sales manager asked me yesterday how many I had and I couldn't give him a definite answer. I had to give him a range.

Default Vices

Cigarettes, finally gave it up
    Beer, I like, especially dark ones
    Guns, more than I can count
    Red wine, Chianti, Pinot Noir, Italians, wine rack full of it
    Fishing at the pond with a cold beer, shotgun, pistol, and knife and I'm in Heaven. That's about the time Diane decides she needs a little attention!
    Ed B
    Last edited by eddiebob; 04-26-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: More vices

Fishing at the pond with a cold beer, shotgun, pistol, and knife and I'm in Heaven

Now Ed, thats some true statement right there!
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

6. Default

Well vices I have no vices. Everything is good.

I smoke + its good = no vice.

I shoot + its good = no vice.

I eat + its good = no vice.

I work + its good = no vice.

I'm a knife collector + its good = no vice.

I an avid music follower + its good = no vice.

Well I sit around on the computer when I'm free + and its good = no vice.

I probably am a avid procrastinater and dont get done what I hoped to = is that a vice ??? I just got my state tax done and they are due tomarrow and its good by a slim margin but good.

The only thing lacking on my list is women, I've avoided the dating thing for a long while and I believe I'm too set in my comfort zone and require all spare cash and time for the things above witin my finanial means. Some how I find the abscense of the things above to be a heavy burden on me so that would become my vice. Basicly that is just BS for I haven't found a good one yet. Otherwise the women thing would be good too = no vice.

Aaron
    Last edited by Twizzler; 04-29-2012 at 07:54 PM.