Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El Salto Mexico Bass Fishing

Default El Salto Mexico Bass Fishing

I will be on vacation from 3/20 - 3/27. So if I don't respond to PMs etc. you know why...Al

PS If i get a 10 LB or larger bass I will post a pic.

Good Luck Al and have a great time!!! I too will be going to our place in Maine for "Ice Out" trout fishing within the next few weeks. It's sometimes cold but worth it.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

You guys make me sick! lol more like jealous than sick..Have a great time and good luck on catching some big ones!
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

Cool

I don't envy anyone, but you sure are making me a tad sick...LOL... I have always wanted to go Bass fishing there. My all time favorite recreation and use to be right big in local, state, regional tourneys. That was before my back got all screwed up. Ah......what times indeed.

Anyway, do have a good time and we need pics when you get back. I know how Bass fishermen are. Trust me! We tend to stretch the size a little...LOL...Good luck and be safe!

Default Peacock Bass

Great fishing in South/Central America! Lake Colon in Panama. Every other fish we caught was a 10 pounder. That could be a fish story but, the fishing is good. Good Luck with it Honch0! Ed B
    Last edited by eddiebob; 03-23-2012 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Old Age

I can believe that! It's just in the states you need to go to Florida and California and places such as that to catch them that size. Large Mouth that is!!

Around where I am use to fishing, you are doing well to get one to go 7 or 8 tops. I know it's a few monsters around my parts, but the most are 6 and 7 on average as far as a big fish are concerned.

That's also just in the bigger lakes. The private owned stuff and little small lakes that get no pressure have some right nice ones lurking.

I am going on a big bass hunt like Al just took before I die. I at least hope to!!

Put it on the bucket list Carltond....
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

We caught 367 bass in five days, no ten pounder, however we nailed 5's 6's and 7's like they were going out of style.

Here is a link to the daily fishing report for El Salto. Notice how I kicked my brother-in-laws Nashville Bass fishing ass...Al

http://www.ronspeedadventures.com/reports_el_salto.html

PS No fishing stories, the guide keeps the tally on the fish caught and the weights.

That's to many fish, was there even any time to sip a beer in between fish? ILK

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Put it on the bucket list Carltond....
    I think I will & congrats on your trip, Al. I know you had a blast!!
    Just saw the report also. Now I really know you had fun! WOW!!!!
    Last edited by carltond; 04-10-2012 at 05:29 PM.