Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre Production Hells Razor Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Charleslee View Post
    "...came to a huge collection forever."
    Excuse as always my bad English, but what thsi smile means, Charleslee?

Vlad,
    The only question that needs asking is "why did you bump a 5-year old sales thread?"
    You've been here long enough to know doing that is a 'nyet-nyet'
    JG

Quote Originally Posted by corjzg View Post
    Vlad,
    The only question that needs asking is "why did you bump a 5-year old sales thread?"
    You've been here long enough to know doing that is a 'nyet-nyet'
    JG
    Guys, sorry - i realy didn`t know that "doing such bad thing" is a problem.
    I was in search of the first owner and the history of this knife with its photos.
    That's the way I came across.
    So, i wil not do it any more
    nyet-nye

Yes, guys, "Hell Razor" really left me a long time ago. )
    And now when I know that the knife is from a collector, not a reseller, I'm calm ...)
    Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur

I'm glad that one of my favorite daltons came to you, Vlad
    Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur

Since the thread got bumped I wanted to add some background information and commentary. I don't have the pictures in the thread anymore unfortunately. It sounds like Vladimir has the knife now. Is that right? Maybe you can add some pictures.

The knife was originally in Moficky's collection. He had a great relationship with Rob Dalton as in they spoke regularly by email and phone. Moficky (aka Dave) was a great guy who I got to know personally. I talked with him by email quite a bit and phone a few times. Funny guy and great story teller. Always offered me an encouraging word about knives but more importantly, life when we talked.

From our conversations I believe he was given opportunities to purchase knives directly from Rob. He also was friendly with many of the old Dalton dealers so he probably had first choice on unique pieces from dealers as well. Unfortunately I can't remember where he told me this knife came from. I tried searching his sales listings and couldn't find the knife so it might have been one that he offered directly to me.

I remember when Dave had his breakdown on the forum. I'd heard from him that he was in and out of the hospital. He was also on some strong medications. I can't remember now what was wrong health wise but I'm sure his health issues combined with medications and stress of hospital stays were affecting his brain and explained his weird behavior here.

The last time I talked on the phone with him I knew he wasn't going to last much longer. He already had some of his collection stolen by then and was in bad shape. The cool thing to me was that he was still cracking jokes, telling me stories and being updeat about life.

I wanted to help Dave but wasn't in a position to. It's a regret I have because of the relationship we'd developed. I guess that's my main point here. The knives are cool, yes. The relationships are better. I'd love to be able to keep them all. Selling this one helped me fix my car. The memories of talking with Dave and the stories he told me are what I'll hopefully carry with me for life.

I've dealt with Vladimir many times and have developed a friendly relationship with him. In fact I believe that if my wife and I ever decide to visit Russia we have a friend to show us around and spend time with.

The idea that these knives have to stay in the USA is an interesting opinion. I don't share it personally but I also don't say anyone who has that opinion is wrong. It's their opinion. I'm kind of rambling now so it's time to say goodnight. Typing this out reminded me of another story I wanted share. I'll do that in a few minutes in the appropriate section.

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Roman general and statesman

"Vae Victis: Woe to the conquered" Brennus, leader of Gallic tribe who invaded Rome

Though you hold your blade over my heart, through endurance... I will Prevail!

"Honesty and Integrity are some of the very few things we have as men. ..... Enjoy!!! " eddiebob PM to ME.

Great post Rob. Dave is greatly missed. He always tried to keep the forum alive, interesting and posted awesome Dalton pics. I know Dave wanted to sell off his Daltons to leave money to his daughter before he passed, unfortunately his health faded quickly and some of the deals went south. In the end Dave made sure everyone either got the knife they paid for or got refunded. I know you helped Dave too and I'm sure he was thankful. Friends are hard to come by and Dave trusted very few so that says a lot.

Vlad is good people also

I did find Dave's set of Razors
    2nd knife down

Quote Originally Posted by robcelani View Post
    The knives are cool, yes. The relationships are better. I'd love to be able to keep them all. Selling this one helped me fix my car. The memories of talking with Dave and the stories he told me are what I'll hopefully carry with me for life.

I've dealt with Vladimir many times and have developed a friendly relationship with him. In fact I believe that if my wife and I ever decide to visit Russia we have a friend to show us around and spend time with.

The idea that these knives have to stay in the USA is an interesting opinion. I don't share it personally but I also don't say anyone who has that opinion is wrong. It's their opinion. I'm kind of rambling now so it's time to say goodnight. Typing this out reminded me of another story I wanted share. I'll do that in a few minutes in the appropriate section.
    Rob, thank you for warm words, every of which is real true.