Thread: My name is dart and I am a knif-a-holic.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My name is dart and I am a knif-a-holic.

I grew up in Colorado. For many years, the back country was my home away from home for 4 seasons. A good knife or three was there as your friend, your tools; a survival must, a way of life. Denver was a city that could tolerate a man walking down the street and having a buck knife hanging off your belt, fixed or folder; and few thought anything of it. It was buck knives for me back then, big, small, medium; folders, fixed blades.

In 2001 or so, I stumbled on to Bladeauction (may the lord be with you old friend), and I bid on a weird looking knife called a thumb release. I just had to have it. The seller was some weird guy, even weirder than this knife, a guy I am proud to call my friend, Ultrareef

The rest is a blur, but I have bought and sold hundreds of Daltons by scouring knife shows, the web, collector and dealer connections across the country and having as many as 200 on hand at one time.

That did not sit well with the boss; so some things changed (not bosses, but collecting). Many of you saw me sell off of some very rare pieces. Well, funny part is that after she realized I was actually getting money back for this shit I was wasting our money on (instead of spending it on real high-return items like booze, strippers, mindless road trips, golf, fashion clothing, shoes, etc.), she finally backed off. I figured it was really due to the fact the I was always pestering her to do things with me since I was no longer collecting knives!!! So, I collect again. My interests are a little more diverse now, but I still love the Daltons.

I don't do collection shots any more, but this was one of the last I took while selling off Dalton collection many years back.

Last edited by mndart; 03-13-2009 at 11:31 AM.