Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My name is dart and I am a knif-a-holic.

Default My name is dart and I am a knif-a-holic.

I grew up in Colorado. For many years, the back country was my home away from home for 4 seasons. A good knife or three was there as your friend, your tools; a survival must, a way of life. Denver was a city that could tolerate a man walking down the street and having a buck knife hanging off your belt, fixed or folder; and few thought anything of it. It was buck knives for me back then, big, small, medium; folders, fixed blades.

In 2001 or so, I stumbled on to Bladeauction (may the lord be with you old friend), and I bid on a weird looking knife called a thumb release. I just had to have it. The seller was some weird guy, even weirder than this knife, a guy I am proud to call my friend, Ultrareef

The rest is a blur, but I have bought and sold hundreds of Daltons by scouring knife shows, the web, collector and dealer connections across the country and having as many as 200 on hand at one time.

That did not sit well with the boss; so some things changed (not bosses, but collecting). Many of you saw me sell off of some very rare pieces. Well, funny part is that after she realized I was actually getting money back for this shit I was wasting our money on (instead of spending it on real high-return items like booze, strippers, mindless road trips, golf, fashion clothing, shoes, etc.), she finally backed off. I figured it was really due to the fact the I was always pestering her to do things with me since I was no longer collecting knives!!! So, I collect again. My interests are a little more diverse now, but I still love the Daltons.

I don't do collection shots any more, but this was one of the last I took while selling off Dalton collection many years back.

Last edited by mndart; 03-13-2009 at 11:31 AM.

Glad you made it,i have purchased knives from you in the past with zero problems,i am a dalton addict myself the hardest part is admitting we a have a problem..............................
    <--------<<< GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES >>>-------->

A lot of old stuff in there. Glad, you got on her nerves enough to get back into the game. Any of you Ohio boys going to be @ the Berea show on the 21? I'm thinkin' about going on Saturday morning. ILK

Nu to me what show,gun & knife?

The other Berea, in Ohio. Just keep driving north until you hit a big lake. ILK

Quote Originally Posted by ilovekittens View Post
    A lot of old stuff in there. Glad, you got on her nerves enough to get back into the game. Any of you Ohio boys going to be @ the Berea show on the 21? I'm thinkin' about going on Saturday morning. ILK
    Might do that ILK.

I have a buddy going so I may tag along. I have the need to find a Huck and a Warcom. Is this a good show? My buddy is always telling me the prices are a little better at the northen shows. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovekittens View Post

It's been awhile since I've gone, like any other gun and knife show, mostly guns. Should be a few knife guys spread threw out though. I'll have to call Mark to see if he's going to set up there. I know he recently started going to that show. ILK
    Last edited by ilovekittens; 03-29-2009 at 12:10 AM.

I did stop by the show on Sat. The poor economy sure doesn't effect the shows any- lots of people, no good deals. Mark had a table in the corner with some nice pieces. A rainbow Ti gentleman's seal caught my eye, but I was proud of myself to be able to walk away empty handed. Another fella had a Devil's playground with an asking price of $450. Sometimes it's just better to say, oh that piece isn't for sale, but could I interest you in this OTF/lighter or some pepper spray. ILK

mark m..........?