Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lurkers Beware

Default Lurkers Beware

We have a little over 1400 members and around 100 active members. A measly 7% or so of Dalton Forum registered members actually participate on the Dalton Forum.

So, this is to the 93% that like to watch. We need you to say something about yourself, your knives, your likes/dislikes, suggestions to improve the Forum,the weather, post something to contribute. You joined for a reason, tell us why.

There are several core members here whom, without which, there would be nothing here to "lurk" for. So man-up and and make the Dalton Forum represent its true MEMBERSHIP...Al

Very well said! I totally agree with you! I see tons of guests on here all the time myself. Don't know if they are just too lazy to sign in as I am at times, but I do agree with this! Man up and show yourself!!

Al,
    I agree, very well said.

Let's keep this post at the top by the active and future active members posting in this thread once a day.

It's simple...
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

We are just a group of folks who enjoy our Dalton knives and talking about them in a "Drama Free" enviroment! So come on and introduce yourself and join us!
    and the road goes on forever.....

OK. Fine. Here goes.

Somewhere during the course of the past 10 years when I was a more active participant, I was told to tow the party line or get off the bus. Thanks goodness that does not seem to be the case here, but, after all, once bitten, twice shy.

At least they decided what was wrong with me. Here goes:
    Auto-immune thyroid disease from polybromated biphenols in electronic partz
    Occupational asthma that turned into permanent asthma from soldering for 20 years (no, i'm not giving up that ocassional cigar cause they help me to breath, hair of dog, etc)
    Lead poisoning from soldering with lead solder for 20 years
    Central nervous system damage from above and other associated chemical exposures
    Blood pressure spikes from stuff I do not care to ID at this time
    Respiratory damage and associated issues from above and related occupational bs
    Dermatology bs from electronics work and photographic chem exposures, (including cyanide that was in the farmers reducer) etc.
    That's all I care to say about health at this time

But I never ripped anyone off. 100% positive feedback, thank you.

So I do continue to visit, to keep up with what's going on. I do continue to buy sell trade knives on a limited basis, but nothing like 6-8 years ago.

And hell no. I'm not as vocal. Do you really want me to be???
    Last edited by Moore; 02-09-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Well, a couple of things:

You have posted before, so you are not a "lurker".

I am glad you are still able to smoke an occasional cigar, one of life's true pleasures.

And, YES, your posts are welcome. Stay well...Al

23 users on right now and im the only signed-in member? Cmon!!

I suppose we could make less areas available to non members like remove the reference library or the for sale section. If your not logged in now the picture gallery is hidden, speaking of which, with Mr Moficky out of commission we as members need to start posting more pics. I think Mo provided about 90% of them. I know somebody has to have some newer hand made models that everyone would like to see pics of. Don't be stingy with your knives, share a little, then lock them back up in the vault ILK

Default 'Post Something Sponge'

Jet 'em if they don't want to play.
    I have several of the customs and will post pictures as soon as we get the damn satellite dish serviced. Ed B

Quote Originally Posted by ilovekittens View Post
    I suppose we could make less areas available to non members like remove the reference library or the for sale section. If your not logged in now the picture gallery is hidden. I know somebody has to have some newer hand made models that everyone would like to see pics of. Don't be stingy with your knives, share a little, then lock them back up in the vault. ILK
    Great Idea!!!
    Let's Keep This Thread Up Top...
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.