Thread: Long Term Storage

Question Long Term Storage

I know it it advised to leave the blade open on Auto's for long term storage. I was curious if that applies to Interrogator blades. Now there's a "Off Topic" question for you guys.

De Oppresso Liber

2. Default

I've seen this discussed ever since I got into autos - with about half the people going each way.

It can't hurt to leave them open (unless you cut yourself). I store most of mine in bracelet boxes and leave them open if they will fit in the box that way. Otherwise I close them.

In any case - coil springs are cheap.

I'm with Mark on this topic.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

I just take them out of the net, wipe it down with Mil-Tec cloth, close it and put it in a Maxpedition Decopod and then into the safe. I have in the past just rolled them up in bubble wrap and put them in an open tote in the safe.

I think the main thing is to keep just a light coat of oil/lube/preservative on them, keep dry and from banging into one another.

Markk idea is great because it allows him to store the maximum number in his storage are (presumably a safe).

I was always more worried about getting them stolen, than rusting. Now if your talking Damascus blades, you really need to make sure they stay lubed. I have an old Mini Rung Sat that I EDC, and it doesn't get babied. Barely can tell it has seen the pocket time it has.

Jay
    and the road goes on forever.....

5. Default

Can you guys recommend a display case that allows the knives to be stored open? I need something temporary for like 5-10 knives till I can grow my collection. I have a giant cupid and a couple of knucks which will not fit in some display cases.