Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moficky - Dave

1. Default

Dave, please come back & atleast post something so we can know your getting better. Just a quick Hi. or whatever . We miss having you around & it just isn't the same without you. Hope you atleast got some food, medicines, heat etc. Dont be afraid to ask for help. I am sure you would be amazed at how people would lend a hand out! Take care
    Jeff
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Dave, please come back & atleast post something so we can know your getting better. Just a quick Hi. or whatever . We miss having you around & it just isn't the same without you. Hope you atleast got some food, medicines, heat etc. Dont be afraid to ask for help. I am sure you would be amazed at how people would lend a hand out! Take care
    Jeff

I agree! Hope your getting the things you need. Take Care,

Jay
    and the road goes on forever.....

Any news on Mo? I sent him a letter a week or so ago.
    and the road goes on forever.....

Quote Originally Posted by pete1958 View Post
    Any news on Mo? I sent him a letter a week or so ago.
    I too sent him a letter to remind him of the knife I purchased as suggested by another member. It has been over two months since I sent my money order payment and still nothing!!! I'll be the first to say, and I'm sure there are others, We got FUCKED!!!
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    I too sent him a letter to remind him of the knife I purchased as suggested by another member. It has been over two months since I sent my money order payment and still nothing!!! I'll be the first to say, and I'm sure there are others, We got FUCKED!!!
    Well, I thats what I am thinking too now!
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

As a Noobie to the Forum, I have been closely following this thread.-- To be honest, It gives me pause.

I don't know "Moficky", But I can tell from the posts, he is somewhat of a folk hero here.

But think about it,-- You send off a M. O. ( Like sending cash ) to someone that you wouldn't know if you passed on the street. There is a level of trust involved here.-- I have done it numerous times myself. When you are In a position to handle possibly thousands of dollars, of other people's money, & you know there is a chance you could be incapacitated to the point of not completing the transactions, I think I would make provisions for a surrogate to intervene.----Just my opinion, Hope it doesn't offend.

De Oppresso Liber

Default Dave/Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Well, I thats what I am thinking too now!
    Go ahead and add me to the list.....Ed B

Quote Originally Posted by rusty37874 View Post
    I think I would make provisions for a surrogate to intervene.
    I am curious in knowing what, who and how you would use this surrogate?

Dave and I agreed that he would accept my personal check for our transactions. So my surrogate was a "stop payment notice". I am interested in what other options you had in mind...Al

According to Mr. Webster,--- "A "Surrogate" is deputizing another person to complete a specific role, or task."

Knowing that there were possible incapacitating events to occur, Have a designated friend, or associate either return the funds, or complete the "specific task" of shipping the knives. Stopping payment on checks, or tracing Money Order's would not be required.-- Even though it's not a big financial transaction, Certain responsibilities are required in the world I live in.

De Oppresso Liber

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rusty37874 View Post
    According to Mr. Webster,--- "A "Surrogate" is deputizing another person to complete a specific role, or task."

Knowing that there were possible incapacitating events to occur, Have a designated friend, or associate either return the funds, or complete the "specific task" of shipping the knives. Stopping payment on checks, or tracing Money Order's would not be required.-- Even though it's not a big financial transaction, Certain responsibilities are required in the world I live in.
    I've never canceled a MO but if Dave supposedly never cashed these MOs then why don't you all just cancel them? Is it more complicated than that?