Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Moficky - Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rusty37874 View Post
    According to Mr. Webster,--- "A "Surrogate" is deputizing another person to complete a specific role, or task."

Knowing that there were possible incapacitating events to occur, Have a designated friend, or associate either return the funds, or complete the "specific task" of shipping the knives. Stopping payment on checks, or tracing Money Order's would not be required.-- Even though it's not a big financial transaction, Certain responsibilities are required in the world I live in.
    Based on what you have posted, it appears that you would have handled things through having a friend or associate go to Dave's home and get your MO from him or have this person go to Dave's house and take the knives from Dave's home for shipping to you. You must live in a different world than I do. In my world, no matter what the circumstances, without a court order, you will not be welcome in my house and may get shot if you enter without my consent and refuse to leave. Dave may or may not be incapacitated. When he was well, he was a crazy dude. Read his posts. I would not assume anything.

Bottom line, I'll stick with the stop payment approach...Al

Ok, here is my rant. I try to call Dave just about every day and do manage to get thru or get a return call about once a week. I'm into it for $600.00,and I have been waiting 8 weeks so a little persistence is due. I talked to Dave last Friday and the conversation did not go well. Every time I talk to him it is the same story. "I just came back from the Hospital yesterday and I'm going to send everyone's knives out next week". So this time I called him out on it and said every week you tell me you are sending them out and every week my mail box is empty. It's been 8 weeks of the same story, when are you going to send them out, are you physically unable, can I come down and help you out, tell me what is going on because I am loosing my patients. He told me that he does not welcome visitors, does not want or need help and acted very defensive about any unwelcome visit. He said that the medication he takes makes him loose concentration and he is unable to figure out what he owes everyone, and is not even sure if he still has all of the knives. One conversation he told me that the knives were in boxes ready to be mailed and this time he is not even sure what knives he still owns and cannot concentrate long enough to figure it out. I have to say, if you sent any money, your probably screwed. I'm sure he has some real problems but I do not get the impression that he is unable to function or get around. I hate to say it but I think that the knives are already gone or he has changed his mind on selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Honch0 View Post
    Based on what you have posted, it appears that you would have handled things through having a friend or associate go to Dave's home and get your MO from him or have this person go to Dave's house and take the knives from Dave's home for shipping to you. You must live in a different world than I do. In my world, no matter what the circumstances, without a court order, you will not be welcome in my house and may get shot if you enter without my consent and refuse to leave. Dave may or may not be incapacitated. When he was well, he was a crazy dude. Read his posts. I would not assume anything.

Bottom line, I'll stick with the stop payment approach...Al
    Al,-- I think you misunderstood my post. I wouldn't have one of-- MY-- friends,or associates involved.
    It is due diligence on the part of the seller to designate one of --HIS --friends,or associates to complete the transactions he instituted.
    It is called an implied contract in business --If the buyer remits, It is the seller's responsibility to produce the items in question. I know we are talking small potato's here, but Business is Business.

De Oppresso Liber

You are right, Dave should have made provisions given his circumstances. It would be great if we all did the right thing all the time. Imagine all the lawyers that would have to find real jobs.

Unfortunately, things don't always go right. Then you need a plan "B"...Al

Quote Originally Posted by alexcapone View Post
    I've never canceled a MO but if Dave supposedly never cashed these MOs then why don't you all just cancel them? Is it more complicated than that?
    I started the Money Order Inquiry on December 30th 2011 at my local Post Office. It is a very easy process and you need to bring the Customer's Receipt part of the money order to the Post Office to start the process and it costs $5.40. U.S. Postal Money Orders are not eligible for replacement/refund untill 60 days from date of issue. On Monday I received a letter from the Post Office with a refund check inside for the $200.00 I sent Moficky for a STC Two Tone with the bayonet blade on December 2nd 2011.
    I would of rather had the knife than the money back but that's the way it goes and I'm done with this FOOL!!!
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

6. Default

Time for me to get my Ass down to the P.O. & apply ...and Snapper, who you callin a fool fool! lmao
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

7. Default I think I'm going to cancel mine as well

I sent Dave $160 for a Tiger 1 sometime in early to mid December, it's been so long I can't even remember when I sent it, and I haven't heard or received a thing. I haven't checked on the MO in a few weeks but when last I did, it hadn't been cashed. SInce this thing has devolved into such a mess, I'm just going to cut my losses and get out. I wish Dave the best but I have been more than patient. Not much more to say.

Dragon

mine has been cashed...........so i'll be out 480.00 if everything stays its course. I still have hope...I still pray, not for getting my knives, but for another who is sick and having to deal with major health issues alone.
    Yeah, I still would like to have my knives or money back. I have done all I can do. I even have thought to sent him a send addressed and postage paid box, but Im not sure if he would use it.
    So everyday I hope to see a box from him. But in the end it will be what it will be.
    and the road goes on forever.....

He wasn't very friendly through email when he was selling off everything. I sent an inquiry asking him if he had any STC, ASP, and Militia Recons for sale. He replied with "Of Course".

So I emailed him again and said "Can you send me some details on the knives I asked about and some prices?" And he just ignored the email. After seeing some more sales get listed as successful, I emailed him again and asked for some details (color, blade type, etc) and price for the three knives. He responded "What are you looking for? I will see if I have it.."

I gave up then as it sounded a little strange. Glad I did as I never have seen issues of this magnitude before from one person.

Hate to hear this. I traded, bought and sold with Dave and never any issues.... But this has been some time ago. He has always been crazy, so don't think that's anything new.....kk