Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moficky - Dave

1. Default Moficky - Dave

Sorry to have posted this but I feel it is important. This seems like the best place. I have spoken to Dave today. He has his humor intact but he didn't sound good. It makes me crack a tear to say this but Dave's plight is going down hill in a whole bad way. He wants to maintain that he is not going to rip anyone off and is promissing to send the knives out. With that said he still has not done so. And I know why. Appearently his feet/ legs vascular wise he cant stand. On top of that the other two major issues are also impailing him, one of those being chemo. I fear his time here on earth are numbered and coming to a close, living day by day.

He has no internet and tomarrow his electricity is getting turned off. With the cold up there its breaking my heart. I would imagine he will no longer be able to charge up his phone and I will loose touch with him.

I asked if he has tried to get meals on wheels and he said he has gone down that road already and they aren't coming.

He still wants to sell his knives to pay hospital bills. I dont know how this would work right now.

There is one message he wanted me to pass on to everyone expecting knives shipped. He has everyone's money order, some money orders he received for knives that were not for sale or people read the post wrong or something. Some money orders were from other people outside of this forum. He said he has to return those wrong mistaken money orders back. He wanted to point out that he had not cashed any of those money orders yet, so he wasn't trying to rip anyone off. But he said if anyone wants to get their money back they can cancell the money orders on him.

At this point I'm thinking even running a raffle for Dave is not going to be able to help him out in his situation without a local assistant.

I'm in no condition to drive long distance myself recovering from surgery. Dave needs help and I dont know what to do for him. Any ideas ?

Aaron

where does he live? thought i remember reading it was PA somewhere?
    maybe some regulars are within driving distance and can make a weekend road trip?

& what kind of hospital releases a cancer patient out into the world with no food or way to take care of themselves? something isnt right here imo

i will help anyway i can

Quote Originally Posted by corjzg View Post
    where does he live? thought i remember reading it was PA somewhere?
    maybe some regulars are within driving distance and can make a weekend road trip?

& what kind of hospital releases a cancer patient out into the world with no food or way to take care of themselves? something isnt right here imo

i will help anyway i can
    For starters our local hospital will. I had a good friend that had the Big C in his brain and they sent him home. Never even as much tried to help him due to him not having Insurance. Talking about ticked, I was!! He is no longer with us neither, but that's been years ago.

Hate to hear this about Dave and I also will do anything in my power to help the cause. I don't really know Dave all that well, but I feel as when something as this happens to a good dude, that we ALL should do what we can. Just let me know if I can help out any! I will do my best!!

That really sucks. Not something I'd wish on anyone. Will be thinking about you, Mofo.

Default Confused

I have to say that I really don't know what is going on because the story just doesn't seem consistent. I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone with Dave before getting cut off when his phone went dead. I have offered to dive 4-1/2 hours down to PA tomorrow, get everyone's knives out in the mail for him and asked if there was anything else I could do that would help him out. He declined this offer and said did not remember what knives he owed me. His speech was slurred but conversation was clear and spirits were good. He said he was home now after spending the past week in a nursing home? It sounds like a nurse is looking after him and had just left him. He asked that everyone be patient because he is currently depending on strangers (nurses). I asked if he was able to get around and he told me that he tried to walk into town yesterday but made it less than 100 yards before falling in the snow. I think he is coming around and does not want to screw anyone but worry that he did not keep track of what he owes everyone. He believes that he has received money orders for knives that he did not post and does not own. I think that everyone that has sent him money will need to remind him of what they are waiting for when he get back on the forum. He said that he is in the process of getting his internet back on and plans to post more of his collection. I don't think that I need to tell everyone that this should not be taken seriously until he settles up on his current obligations. I am going to try to keep in daily contact with him and will offer update on any new news.

6. Default

Yes Dave mentioned the nursing home, but when I asked if there was anyone who could help him, he said no. If he has a nurse making house calls then that is a far cry from being isolated and without food. He said the power was getting shut off tomarrow, maybe the nurse is medically interviening. I hope so. Did he mention that?
    He also said there was alot of snow and if you have problems standing I cant see even walking ten blocks, but it does sound like if Dave got out there and really tried to walk to town in the snow with wabbly feet then it just proves he is crazzy. I think he is convicted to get those knives out, I just dont see how. There is also come confussion over the knives like you said.

I also got the feeling Dave was not going to take any help even if I found some way to make some local calls for him. So what do you do?

MWOODY that was really good of you to extend that level of help. Somehow I would have expected he would turn it down.
    If he is getting some minimal help then maybe there is less of a severe crissis. He has the right spirt, lets all hope his functions come back.

Aaron

7. Default

Mo was kind enough to send me an e-mail to let me know that the knife I was interested in was one of the ones that were stolen,good man.
    USAF 62-66
    Land of the free
    Because of the brave.

I wonder where his daughter is? He told me a while back that he was selling his knives to pay Med bills & leave something for his daughter? I wish she would get in there and help him out????
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

Herd that she lives in Florida. Not sure what the relationship is like?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Mo was kind enough to send me an e-mail to let me know that the knife I was interested in was one of the ones that were stolen,good man.
    Me as well.... Was wondering what had happened although I knew he was sick and hadn't been feeling well. I'm sure he will get all of this straight with what he owes and so on.

Just make sure any of you remind him when possible as he will reply when he can. At least he did with me, so this is a good sign for all I would think.