Thread: Viper

Default Viper

Good Morning, Forum

I've decided to sell my Viper. Bank account funds are already earmarked so I need to raid the collection for funds (for another Dalton, naturally--). This knife is awesome--but too large to be a practical EDC.
    The Viper is new. I ordered it last May and it arrived mid-December. I got it through John K. for a really good price and will be happy to just get what I paid for it, especially if it goes to another collector. So: price is 550.00 (firm, but includes shipping). Viper has been stored open and never used. I like the way it looks without the clip a little better, but of course the clip will be included.
    P.O. money order, please. If interested, please PM me here. I'll check for messages a couple times a day. Thanks for looking & take care.
    DM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have decided to withdraw the Viper--managed to move some non-Daltons elsewhere and would rather hold on to this beast. Thanks to everyone who looked in.

Good move. The Viper will be a $1000 knife in a few years. I don't know if Rob will ever make another large SS OTF again. Took him forever to make and assemble one of these knives. I believe he only made about 20 in total.

The only one currently available for sale is on John's website. The last one he sold was $800, you got one hell of a deal at $550 ...Al

I agree, that is one fine knife !

Totally agree that I got a great deal--John K. let me have it at the original price he was offering to forum members when the model first appeared--not the first time John's given me a great deal.
    BTW, all this reshuffling was in order to grab the Nichols damascus DLDSC, which now proudly sits next to the Viper--
    Take care, all

Post a Pic or it doesn't count...Al

Default Pics

Here's the Viper with DLDSC and a custom Thanatos I got in the summer 2010;
    also included some shots of one of my favorite smaller Daltons.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So THATS who got the damy Thanatos....sweet piece, i remember seeing it on the dcc site when they started their custom work. The DL is a beast! Blade reminds me of a border patrol, love the D/E...hows the action?

Also interesting is there are at least 2 Viper variants, the orig release (patterned after the Asp), and the 2nd version pictured here (with the Kilroy release).

Mods: you should move this to post-2009 pic gallery!

Those are some beauties DM9
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

Thanks shovelhead,corjzg and honcho for comments--been less involved here than I should be, lots going on at work--but I mean to get over to the pic gallery soon and post these and some others--also acquired another 'historic edc', west african sword blade (for the off topic section)--thanks again all, have a good weekend
    DM