Thread: Devgru

Default Devgru

"The only easy day was yesterday."
    — US Navy SEALs

Congratulations to Seal Team Six affectionately known as DevGru on a great kill.....
    Let us not forget all those who Serve and Protect this Great Nation....
    ...Without the Home of the Brave
    There would be no Land of the Free......
    God Bless America......
    http://www.daltonforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1235696664

I cant remember the last time I shot out of bed on a Monday morning, but I did yesterday, having heard the news on the clock radio while half-asleep (I missed the late breaking Sun press conf.). USA!

I didn't think ST6 could trump their almost impossible-to-fathom snipings of the Maersk pirates near Somalia, but Operation Geronimo proved they most certainly could. I heard they chummed the water before they dumped his body, and the sharks didn't even want him...

As someone who grew up a short drive away from the shadows of the WTC towers, it's somewhat comforting to know that, on the upcoming 10 yr anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the mastermind who orchestrated them wont be sitting in a hole somewhere in Eurasia, cradling a Kalishnikov, with that stupid fucking smirk on his face.

Guess who's laughing now, asshole?
    Attached Images Attached Images

+1
    even born far from WTC

Default DevGru?

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMY_MAC View Post
    "The only easy day was yesterday."
    — US Navy SEALs

Congratulations to Seal Team Six affectionately known as DevGru on a great kill.....
    Let us not forget all those who Serve and Protect this Great Nation....
    ...Without the Home of the Brave
    There would be no Land of the Free......
    God Bless America......
    Hey JIMMY_MAC, what does DevGru mean or is it an abbreviation for something? Thanks.

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Roman general and statesman

"Vae Victis: Woe to the conquered" Brennus, leader of Gallic tribe who invaded Rome

Though you hold your blade over my heart, through endurance... I will Prevail!

"Honesty and Integrity are some of the very few things we have as men. ..... Enjoy!!! " eddiebob PM to ME.

devgru is short for SPECWARDEVGRU, or the specialized warfare
    development group...aka Seal Team 6

Quote Originally Posted by corjzg View Post
    devgru is short for SPECWARDEVGRU, or the specialized warfare
    development group...aka Seal Team 6
    Thanks corjzg!

I didn't say it above but I'm glad we finally got Osama. I still remember sitting in my house watching the news on September 11 2001. I felt afraid and hurt and shed many tears that day. How could something so terrible be inflicted on us within our borders? There was about a month period after September 11 where I would periodically just break down and cry. I didn't know anyone personally killed so I can imagine how much more traumatic it was for those who lost family and friends.

I wish his death meant the end of our war on terror but it still seems a long way off. A step closer but not the end.

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Roman general and statesman

"Vae Victis: Woe to the conquered" Brennus, leader of Gallic tribe who invaded Rome

Though you hold your blade over my heart, through endurance... I will Prevail!

"Honesty and Integrity are some of the very few things we have as men. ..... Enjoy!!! " eddiebob PM to ME.