Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Twizzler

1. Default Greetings from Twizzler

Hello everyone.

I've spent several hours making my first intro post about a page long, and it got zapped. So let do the condensed version of intro: How I did I got hooked into collecting Dalton knives since 1998? When Blade Auction was just starting to take off ( a really good resource of history networking and bringing buyers and sellers together with alot of suspense and drama ), my first knife show Cheasapeak in 1998 and my first Blade Show in 1999, Triple Aught's Robbie Dalton Gallery history, the early limmited Blade Forums postings about Dalton knives I used to read, the guys who started the Knifeforums Dalton Combat Cutlery sub-forums. Then reading the KF Dalton forum, I finally joined with them in 2002. We had lots of fun there until the LLRP explosion took its course.
    I took some time off letting wounds heel. I still love my Dalton Knives that has not changed. So what took me so long to join you guys here at DF, I really cant say but I'm here now. A group hug is in order.

To anyone I have not yet met, Hi there its good to met you.

my old sig
    A puppet show makes for an excellent shooting gallery.

Cool Welcome Back

Welcome Twizzler,
    I remember you from the old forum @ KnifeForum years ago and glad to see you here finally. Post some pics of your vintage Daltons. I know you must remember me and some of the other members here.

Great to see you here,
    Snapper
    Last edited by Snapper; 11-28-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: fixed
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Glad to see you made your way here! I always enjoyed reading your posts on KF. If I remember correctly you were/are quite fond of the #5's. A lot was lost when KF started charging members to talk Dalton's, nothing to do but start from scratch. Long time collector's are a great resource when members have questions about Dalton lore. Look forward to reading what you have to share. ILK

4. Default

Thanks for the warm welcome Shop Dog Snyder and Curt. Thanks to all the guys that would not let the Dalton history die out finding a new venue to share upon.

Here is to you guys. Cheers !

Aaron

Aaron - Welcome back my friend. I heard from Mark that he had been in touch with you and I am really glad that you have joined DF.

The new and old members of our group will surely benefit from your company...Al

Welcome Home Aaron.....

Good to see you've joined us, I'm sure this place will be much more fun now that you're here.....

Please post up some pictures of your collection so that some of the newer collectors can see some vintage Dalton madness......

Jimbo
    http://www.daltonforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1235696664

welcome welcome

triple aught design! haha i remember surfin their site many times but was always too poor

look fwd to some pix, havent seen many 5s but like em

8. Default

Thanks for the warm welcome. However, I my have a short absence already.

Next day after my 2nd posting I did a renewal on my virus program and that lead to a PC Scan optmizer fixit. It crashed my system, did a restore then the virus protecction upload was crashing. Right now I'm up but have an unstable system. Seems Rootkit demons too.
    Rescuing files now.
    I think im going to have to invest in a new computer which may be a while.

This really really sucks. Anyone know of a good deal out there? I also need a new monitor too.
    Aaron

That does suck. If you're low on cash, I'd just buy a laptop. They are not all that expensive. Plus a lot of good deals going on around Christmas. Good luck. ILK

welcome to the new forum, aaron! hope you get your computer stuff straightened out!
    ed