Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: happy to be here

Default happy to be here

hey all my name is matt. Im new to these parts, I used to kick it on that other forum now and then. Ive only got one Dalton and one on the way. Im mostly into balis and autos, and to narrow it down further I like spearpoint or dagger style blades, or sharpened clips and swedges. Rob Dalton seems to have made lots of these. when I discovered Daltons I knew it would be a new habit for me, but one Im glad to admit. Im sick and twisted and damn proud of it. thanks for making this possible to those responsible and lucky be you, matt

Welcome, these Dalton knives are more addictive than Wild Turkey 101. Once you get a taste for them that's all she wrote. Good luck.

Nice to meet you Matt. I'm kind of fond of dagger blades myself. They may not be great EDC's, but they sure look wicked. So what did you order? ILK

Default yeeesir

my sentiments exactly, when I saw the Devil One Asp it was over, Rob could do anything and I would thoroughly approve,or at least ask no questions. that Devil One will be mine, oh yes, or really any Asp will do.

Talking one on the way

got a Devil bali on the way from Tom, cant wait.

Oh, I recall seeing that one for sale because it made me angry that I paid around $30 more for the one I have. You win some you lose some. Nice snagILK

Thumbs up

yes indeed, Ive been lookin at that one for a while and someone else showed some interest so I jumped on it. luckily I got in before it was gone. most of my knives are balis so this one will fit great, though Im certain it will dwarf them all!

Welcome to the forum! Spearpoints are cool! I especially like the Guardian Angel.

Default Welcome

I am also a big fan of Dalton balis'. Got a collab.issue ;Rob-made blade with a Jerry Hom design/engineering and construction called "The Basilisk" along with some G10s,'CRES and Ti issues-----right place with a little spare cash--needless to say,I ran ourt of $$ by the time the red and green came along!!Dave Ps.One photo included to illustrate results of misguide self-experimentation..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default ouch!

did that get any tendons? that Hom collaboration is sweet, Ive been eyeballin them too. love the blade profile. they come up for sale now and then, I saw a smooth handled black g10 variant for sale not long ago, the price was rather steep, but seller claimed it was a one off. that kind of justified the price for me, but I must admit that I have some deep seated issues that will most certainly remain unresolved. the price I have to pay usually determines whether I will have the pleasure of flipping them, at a certain amount I feel I must hide them. btw nice stitching...
    matt