Thread: Hey fellow Sick and Twisted...

Thumbs up Hey fellow Sick and Twisted...

I'm overdue saying "Hello" and introducing myself, but still pretty new to the forum. A few of you know me, I started buying 5 minutes after I hit the site for the first time. I've been keeping a steady eye on the For Sale threads and bouncing around the rest of the site occasionally.
    I have to say after reading many of the posts and dealing with some of you directly, I am proud to now be a part of such a great group of like minded people. I didn't know what to expect when I first stopped by, but this is made up of good, trustworthy, even generous brothers.
    A little about myself, I am a 38 year old father of two beautiful girls living with me in Oregon. In texas I have a 17 year old son who lives with his mother, step-dad and their kids. I am working on my second (and last) liver. I had a transplant in Mar '08 and this one is on the way out. Not as big a deal as one might think, though. I was told in June '07 that I had 2 weeks to live, so I'm just running on bonus time. Please understand, I don't mention all this to play some kind of "sympathy card" or any CRAP like that. My girls and I are happier than we've been in years. I like to get this out in the open right away, so if I crack a joke or make some comment touching on the subject, we can avoid the whole 20 questions thing.
    I love all U.S.A. made quality knives. My favorites would be some of the regular stars, Microtech, Protech, etc. Although Dalton is out in front by leaps and bounds. His designs have always fascinated me. I often find myself looking at one of his thinking; "Now that's the kind of crazy ass design I would strive for if I had talent".
    I have been collecting all kinds for a while, but am going to be selling off some of the Microtechs and Protechs and a few Daltons to stock up on the models I really want. Also have to make back some of my money from the old ones to keep afloat for awhile. I will be leaving my kids with a few very nice select blades.
    Thanks for letting me ramble on and I look forward to talking/buying/selling with all of you. Thanks, ~Del

Great intro, welcome aboard. Oregon is a pretty friendly auto state isn't it? What is your EDC? ILK

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ilovekittens View Post
    Great intro, welcome aboard. Oregon is a pretty friendly auto state isn't it? What is your EDC? ILK
    Yes, it is. You can go down to the local mall in Roseburg (small town) and see guys selling the junk switches along with the "M-Tech's" and other $5 knives. I have a Scarab for my EDC, also have a CMTX5 w/ a little bit of cosmetic damage that I've been debating on whether or not I'll break down and start carrying it. Had a couple guys ask me to sell it; I'm not sure. I'd love to carry my Dalton's, but I want those in mint cond for my kids.
    Anyhow, great to hear from you. Thanks for the welcome !
    Attached Images Attached Images