Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dalton for sale

lighting can cause all kinds of illusions and inaccuracy, but that pic does not do justice to the blade. Without handling the knife, the seam looks a little rough between the handle halfs. Daltons are usually finished better and polished before anodizing but it is possible it could have left Dalton like that. But then there is that blade, or is it just the pic? Would be interesting to know if the screws were metric or SAE. Just my opinion, worth what you paid.
    "Really likes knives and a few other things that can't be said here"

Although I have not seen a smooth handle BP, I don't think this is a clone. Dalton was known for producing "one of" variants in a run, so the smooth handles are not a guarantee that it's a fake.

The charging rods on BP clones are usually made of nylon or cheap metal that look different in color from the genuine item. The charging rod in your pic appears to be identical in color and machining to the Dalton.

The satin finish on the blade looks like it has been fired quite a few times, resulting in some marks which is common. The pic of the logo is blurry. Some close up shots of the logo and the screws as well as the entire blade/handle booth sides laying flat would be helpful...Al

Thank you for you advice on this knife. I really appreciate it. i will take some more picts tonight and post them. I would really love to know the value of this knife.

Thanks for the help.

There are some new picts of the knife that I am selling. They are in my album to view. I am having a hard time inserting them in the post.

Tell me what you think...

Lightbulb

I've seen the clone at a Gun show before. it's close to this one...
    not for sure but close. Al is correct. Mr.Dalton has been known
    many times to make " 1 of varients". this could be one. the lanyard
    is tied like the real McCoy. nice knife though. Good luck w/ the sale.

Cool

This knife is as real as it gets... Check out his pictures in his photo album. Most likely a one of a kind, maybe the first one made from the Dalton Shop.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    This knife is as real as it gets... Check out his pictures in his photo album. Most likely a one of a kind, maybe the first one made from the Dalton Shop.
    I thought I said that already