Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro....

Default Intro....

I was always a knife fanatic growing up, and always had some pretty cool blades. As life went on I had knives that served a purpose for me, mostly on the job type of stuff. But then I met this guy Honcho. Some of you may know him as Al. Well he showed me a very cool auto, I believe it was a Benchmade Mini Reflex. I knew right from the start I've found a new passion, as my garage is already full of Harley's, and no more room for another. He hooked me up with Blade Auction.com, and the old forum. I must admit I've only been collecting since 2003, but in a very short period of time did managed to collect quite a few knives. Now in the beginning I was buying anything I thought looked cool. And for a rookie, I did alright, not too many mistakes. I bought a few of those as you guys call them'' Pretty Boy Knives'', and some not so pretty. But then I got my first Dalton. The coolest knife I've ever had the pleasure of owning, a BONES........... Loved it the minute I held it. After this I knew that Dalton knives were the thing I most wanted to collect. Sold any and all other knives I had at the time to fund my new found passion. So in the ensuing years I managed to come across quite a few. As time went on, I was enthralled with the thrill of the hunt so to speak. I searched the INTERNET every day, put feelers out to all the different dealers that attended shows, and my collection grew fast, so fast even I couldn't believe how many Dalton's I had. Even lost count at one time. The years flew by, and my taste in knives became a bit more diversive, I began to collect custom fixed blades. Now that my son is in college, and my daughter is following right behind him, my days of spending 10,000-15,000 a year on knives are over, but my love for sharp pointy things will always live on. There was a time when I was buying not only one of every model, I was buying one of every variant as well. I miss those days, waiting for the little brown truck to arrive, it was like Christmas everyday. My love for Dalton's has never changed, I still carry one everyday. I hope to help the newer collectors as much as I can, share whatever I can, and meet some new friends along the way.

I am also proud to be a part of the ''SICK AND TWISTED''

Stay Sharp......

Jimbo
    http://www.daltonforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1235696664

Default Do you guys have room for an old Daltonholic?

Its refreshing to have a new forum! Lets make this one rock....

By the way if any of you guys (or girls) can use and recon stone, .09 titanium, well seasoned walnut or some buffing compounds, I have plenty to share if you like tinkering out in the garage like I do.

Jay
    and the road goes on forever.....

So let me get this straight, Honcho introduced you to this addicting hobby and you guys are still friends? ILK

that's a great story Jimbo. I started collecting knives when I was
    around 12 or 13. CASE, Buck,etc. first auto was a swing guard
    out of Mexico. I thought that was the coolest knife. then came
    some lockbacks, yrs later came ColdSteel. sold those. first Dalton
    was a Thin Line SEAL. picked it up a local G'k Show way back around
    1996 I think. the knife popped faster than any auto I had handled.
    I asked the guy who made these. he said a man named Dalton.
    ever since I've been buying, selling and trading them. my favorite auto.
    never got in Microtech much. 1 or 3 pieces. sold them. looking fwd
    to what Mr.D has planned for us. especially the ICE knife..

Jack~

Hi, I'm a knifenut and just found this forum.
    Very cool - even behind a fire-wall!
    I think Daltons are so honest knives, you have to love them, plus it sure is fun to hunt them down.
    Thanks for the forum.
    all the best
    emerald

And Hunt them down you will lol..... Good luck on that you`ll be pullin hair out sooner then you think..... I can`t believe we have to start all over round here hehehehehe... Intro Im Polomax been a Dalton collector for many moons. probibly will be for many more moons, haven`t as much lately due to 2other killer hobby`s, But you`ll have that I guess. looks like we lost a bunch of oldies since the changeover... Im gonna need to do some catching up on alot of things...

Welcome Brent, good to see you here. This seems like a good place to start over, sometimes change can be a good thing..

Jimbo

Welcome to you as well Emerald.....

The thrill of the hunt was what always kept me in the game. Hopefully you'll find some of what you're looking for right here......

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo From what I`ve heard so far and I don`t wanna bring up old stuff again but I`ve not been around for a lil while so take it easy on me PLEASE.... THE SHORT VERSION... it`s about a logo on a knife handle now correct me if Im wrong, But the forum rules kinda say NO NO to those things in a kinda sorta way now don`t they??? Aaaahhh I think so, so how are we gonna get around the same thing again??

Quote Originally Posted by polomax View Post
    Hey Jimbo From what I`ve heard so far and I don`t wanna bring up old stuff again but I`ve not been around for a lil while so take it easy on me PLEASE.... THE SHORT VERSION... it`s about a logo on a knife handle now correct me if Im wrong, But the forum rules kinda say NO NO to those things in a kinda sorta way now don`t they??? Aaaahhh I think so, so how are we gonna get around the same thing again??
    I guess we'll just have to cross that bridge when we get to it. We're here to talk about knives, Dalton Knives to be specific. I can tell you this though, we will not tolerate Political, Racist, or Religious posts, it never leads to anything worth while.

Jimbo
    http://www.daltonforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1235696664